TOP 10 BLASPHEMOUS NAS LINES





                                     TOP 10 BLASPHEMOUS NAS LINES  by Lenny Briscoe II

*Before the ignorant start screaming “hater,hater” I have probably BOUGHT more Nas albums than them.( I had to state that).

NASIR BEN OLU DARA JONES – One of the most prolific hip-hop artistes of our generation.

 

Nas A.K.A. God’s son has an obsession with the real God’s Son and God the Father in a way that could only be likened to Kanye West’s obsession with Michael Jackson. Thankfully, he has left out the Holy Ghost in his outrageous utterances. (Perhaps fully aware that blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is the only unpardonable sin in the scriptures. Truth! (Smart,innit?)

Apparently, Nas has had flings with both Christianity and Islam i.e. practised either or both at one time or the other. It is as obvious as daylight that people take certain liberties with Christianity (that they won’t dare take with Islam), it therefore comes as no surprise that Nas targets the founder of Christianity consistently for shock value.

To be fair (and almost as contradictory as Nas himself) I must say that some of his lines are not directly insulting, yet one can argue all day about the (ir)relevance of his controversial references.

He called one of his most critically acclaimed albums “I Am”. Apart from depicting the crucifixion of the Saviour of Mankind in the Hate Me Now video (complete with spear wounds and crown of thorns!), he also mimicked the artist’s impression of the Last Supper on the cover of his Street Disciple album (where he played all persona from Jesus to Judas) but those are not the reasons for this piece.

So without further ado, I am going to highlight some blasphemous lines that the rapper Nas has spewed over the years that have reached out and tapped me on the eardrums.

 

        X.“Lord of Mercy, Jesus Christ, he’s just nice, he just slice like a ginsu/ Look at the life that   I’ve been through/ I’m the last real ni**a alive, that’s official”. – Last Real Ni**a Alive [GODSON]

IX.  Jesus died at age 33, that’s 33 shots/ from twin glocks/ there’s 16 apiece, that’s 32/which means one of my guns was holding 17,27 hit your crew/ 6 went into you” – One Mic [STILLMATIC]

 

       VIII. “Jesus finally got his bride, mummy dance with him” – One more dance [GODSON]

 

      VII.  “You ain’t as hot as I is/ all of these false prophets are not messiahs” – Queens Get This Money [I AM]

 

VI. “ ‘Cause when it’s my time to go/ I’ll be waiting for God with a .44” – Live At The BBQ [ILLMATIC]

 

V.  “When I was twelve (12 years old) I went to hell for snuffing Jesus” – Live At The BBQ [ILLMATIC]

 

 IV. “The beauty of life/ was when my mum said ‘ni**a you could be Christ’/ I wasn’t old enough to hold my d**k and pee right/ “Jesus?!” what is he like?/ I picture him standing with diamonds on him, a little different from the way my mum saw him/.. – Revolutionary Warfare [GODSON]

 

III.  “Before stepping to me, you’d rather step to Jehovah” – Live At The BBQ[ILLMATIC]

 

II. “ I carry the cross if Virgin Mary had an abortion/ I’d still be carried in the chariots by stampeding horses/ Had to bring it to New York/ I’m happy that the streets is back in New York/For you rappers,I carry the cross”- I carry the cross[GODSON]

     

 I.“They asking how he disappear and reappear back on top, they say Nas must have naked         pictures of God or something” – Loco-motive [LIFE IS GOOD]

 

 

Once upon a time, Nas said that God will “forgive you if you repent to the Nazareth Savage” (Nas, himself). So after this piece I better get on my knees. Quick.

Comments

  1. interesting piece.I've heard some of the lines before but you really broke it down as far as the BLASPHEMY. NAS really deserves his billing as a TOP 3 MC of all time. I rank Biggie 1st and JAY-Z 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QB,we appreciate your comment.One of the greatest writers of all time,QB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. horrible lyrics, he thinks he higher than Jesus

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AFCON2013 HAIRSTYLE (S)HITLIST